Launchpad and loco team websites

Athanasios Lefteris alefteris at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:06:21 BST 2007

On 8/18/07, Mark Van den Borre <mvdborre at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/8/17, Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be>:
> > Op donderdag 16-08-2007 om 19:19 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Matthew
> > Revell:
> > > At the moment, I know some loco teams use Launchpad to manage their
> > > website.
> >
> > We (ubuntu-be = Ubuntu Belgium) do it for 1 part of the site, the Google
> > Maps-based site where people can find local "support points" (people
> > that offer help to newbies).
> Correction: we would very much like to do something like that, the
> moment that Launchpad officially supports OpenID for this purpose.

Openid support from launchpad would be very very helpfull. Currently
we (the greek loco team) require from our new members to create at
least 3 accounts.

1) Loco website account (build with drupal) uses openid, but not many
people use this functionality yet.
2) Moinmoin account (I would love to see moin support openid so that
we can eliminate this extra account)
3) Launchpad account

As for our site we use https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-gr-website at
launchpad to track bugs and host a bazaar branch of the drupal website
files.

--
Θάνος
http://lefteris.info