CD Set with all software

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Aug 10 10:42:34 BST 2007

Hi Eric,

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 11:46:00AM +0300, Eric Kivuti wrote:
> Is it possible to get a CD set with everything that the ubuntu server has,
> so I can install all the software offline? (CD's only, not DVD) (Download /
> Buy / Free CD's)

The full repository for one architecture, one release (for example Feisty
i386) weighs in at around 35GiB. If you only went for the binary packages
(no source packages) this is roughly halved to 17GiB. That's quite a lot of
CDs :)

There are companies that will sell you DVD sets (about 5 DVDs),
alternatively ...

[ADVERT]
if you contact me privately I will sell you a 2.5" USB hard disk containing
an up to date copy of the repository of your choice - dapper, edgy, feisty,
gutsy, i386 or amd64. The benefit of this is you get a hard disk to use for
whatever you want afterwards. The disk also contains a copy of pretty much
every Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Edubuntu ISO image too :)
[/ADVERT]

Cheers,
Al.