Thinking of ways to work together

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 11 12:43:18 BST 2006

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks for all the awesome introductions. One thing is clearly
evident here - we have a fantastically diverse and eager community of
LoCo teams. Just think of the awesome things we could do. :)

Now, to the future. As I said before, I am particularly interested in
increasing the communication between different teams about different
things. Some teams have a geographic connection (same country, same
region), some have a language connection (speaking the same language,
but possibly different countries) and the same outlook (advocacy,
translations etc). We now need to think how we can work together to do
things.

One thing I have been thinking about is how successful teams can
potentially mentor new or struggling teams. I would suggest that we
should really make this list the primary source for asking questions
about how to run a successful team, but I have also been thinking of
ways in which we can have specific teams help mentor other specific
teams. Nothing is set in stone yet, I am just thinking about this - so
feel free to offer feedback if you have any thoughts.

I think the first step is to make this list the focus point of the LoCo
community, and we should all try and dip in and help out with queries
about running team. When I get a moment, I will also update the Ubuntu
wiki to outline the aims and purpose of this list. :)

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager