Education, Ubuntu and LoCo teams

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 25 17:17:21 BST 2006

[snip]
> We are also looking to appoint an education contact for each LoCo team.
> Not all teams will have them as not everyone is interested in education,
> but if your team is, reply to this thread to indicate your interest.

In Chile, as well as in other countries in Latinamerica (LAm, for
short?), there are many people working on education areas based on
FLOSS, however, it seems that it is always too few people.

Venezuela, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina and Chile, IIRC, are the
countries with more people working with hands-on FLOSS for education.

There are very brave cases in Bolivia and Peru, esp. if we consider
those people trying to get IT on Education, in areas where even water is
hard to get and the weather nor the geography is 'IT-friendly'.

On *buntu specifics, less people working on this. My humble and personal
view is that we have lot more users of *buntu than contributors to it.
However, we do have some very cool cases in those aforementioned 5 LAm
countries, and yet, we are still moving too slow for my taste... but we
are not stopping.

Always looking forward to contributing,

--
Mauricio Hernandez Z.

mhz at ubuntu.com

www.edubuntu.org
www.ubuntu-cl.org

Cel: (56+8) 749 6071

PGP KEY: 1024D/2CAB0DE9  2006-07-20

| servidor: irc.freenode.net     |
| canal: #edubuntu, #edubuntu-es |
| nick: mhz                      |

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales para
evitar incompatbilidades entre clientes de correo]

[Para que enviar adjuntos propietarios, si podemos
enviar adjuntos mas livianos y libres?]
[Por favor, evita enviarme .doc .xls .ppt]