Education, Ubuntu and LoCo teams

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 24 10:26:38 BST 2006

Hi all,

With such an awesome LoCo project here, we have huge chunks of potential
to make a real difference in our areas. One key area that many of you
are interested in is Education. What can be better than getting our
children and students using free software? Not only is this a ripe
challenge, but one where LoCo teams can make a real difference.

I have been talking to Richard Weideman who is Canonical's Education
Programme Manager, and he has an intense, almost yoda like excitement
about education. Evidently Richard is a great person to work with LoCo
teams to help us get *buntu in places where people learn.

To kick things off, head over to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamEducation and give it a read. It
provides some things to think about when it comes to education. Feel
free to flesh out the page with ideas, thoughts and technique for
getting free software in education.

We are also looking to appoint an education contact for each LoCo team.
Not all teams will have them as not everyone is interested in education,
but if your team is, reply to this thread to indicate your interest.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager