LoCo Logo

Niels Kjøller Hansen niels.k.h at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 06:31:47 BST 2006

tir, 24 10 2006 kl. 02:36 +0200, skrev Jan Vancura:
> > I think that looks amazing - the only thing I would change is the slogan
> > "Bringing Ubuntu to YOUR desktop". I don't think we even need a slogan.
> > I say, take the slogan out, and we have an awesome logo.  :)
>
> Done - same URL.
> Mind - all the actual work was done by tristan (the globe) and Niels K.
> Hansen (the rest). Whatever input I gave is GPL, of course (as it has to
> be, due to the implementation of the GPL globe).

I think we have a winner. And I consider this my first real contribution
to the GLP pool of goodness :-)

About the rotating stuff, I am personally against it (as I find moving
parts on websites quite annoying), but I can see as since the current is
quite australasia-centric, it would probably be a good idea to have it
change focus once in awhile. Do anyone have a smart way of doing this? I
have a map of the world lying around as an svg, does inkscape (or some
other software which is not Illustrator) have the functionality to drape
the map on a sphere?

/Niels