IMPORTANT: How to get your edgy CDs

sikhuomo at cc.hut.fi sikhuomo at cc.hut.fi
Sat Oct 21 09:11:06 BST 2006

Please,  I wish to refer to the crucial issue pointed out by ZhengPeng Hou
regarding the operability with local functions and languages. The
NIGERIAN_team will be pleasesd to have the Edgy CDs in  French and in English.
This is important. Maybe in due course, we may require the translation to
three more local languages which have now been adopted officially in some
custom made (for Nigeria) mobile phones especially by Nokia and Sony-Ericsson.
It will not therefore be out of place if an OS (ubuntu for example) that
operates in a similar manner exists. The local languages are Ibo, Yoruba and
Hausa, each having a population of over 30 million and about 40% access to
computer. Seems tasking anyway :)