New mailing list

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 01:01:17 BST 2006

Now things have changed a bit since our team was approved but here's how
it broke down for me:

I started the unofficial team, recruited members, put up a website &
built a mailing list all on my own.  I actually started much of it
before I knew about a lot of the Ubuntu LoCo Team system (yes, this was
a while ago).

After building up team contributions, hundreds of forum posts, mailing
list, etc, etc, etc I finally applied for Team listing and things were
much easier to be approved.

I guess, another way to say it, is you've got to show your team has
contributed enough to be "officially" included with the rest.

If you need help getting things done please let us know.  We'd love to
see more teams crop up around the world but, as part of a recent
meeting, we want them to be better prepared before coming before the CC
& for approval.

--
Christer Edwards
President, Ubuntu-Utah