Official group

Ian vern at riseup.net
Wed Oct 18 21:12:41 BST 2006

Hi,
The Ubuntu Brazil team is working on our application to become an official team. We want to clear
up some issues before we submit as the issue of 'official status' is causing a bit of debate. The
way I read it 'approved' means approved by the community council with no other meaning whatsoever.
I am asking this because there is also a desire here to become approved as in the sense of 'a
legally existing body'. I assume *this* process is a completely separate thing.
I remember a while back the French (or it might have been German) LoCo team became official in
this sense.Has this worked out well?? What are the pitfalls to look into??
[]'s
Ian
--
            .''`.