LoCo docs and Docs Day

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 18 11:33:40 BST 2006

Hi all,

We still have so much potential to get some awesome documentation
written for our community, and in the LoCo meeting yesterday I proposed
a LoCo Docs Day. The idea is that everyone will spend that day helping
to write some documentation.

I have put up a page at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoDocsDay to outline
the day and what needs writing. Importantly, if you want to write some
documentation, don't feel like you have to wait until that day, go ahead
and write the docs now! :)

These are the docs that I think we need to work on:

LocoFAQ - Thw FAQ should be a full and detailed page filled with all
kinds of questions about the LoCo project. If something is missing, add
it.

LoCoTeamHowto - This is a concise and clear guide to running LoCo teams.
We want this to be an expansive and clear document about running a
team.

LoCoWorkingWithOtherGroups - what are the best ways to work with LUGs
and other local groups?

LoCoRunningInstallfests - let us know the best way to run an installfest
and the gotchas when installing Ubuntu on different machines.

LoCoCreatingWebsite - what is the best method of creating a website for
your team?

LoCoCreatingForum - how do you set up a forum for your team?

LoCoCreatingPlanet - how do you create a Planet site to aggregate your
LoCo team's blogs? Identify how you do this with a tutorial on this
page.

LoCoCreatingMap - how do you create a user map to show where the users
in your team are? Also explain how to make this map available on your
website.

As you can see, a number of these docs are for creating resource such as
forums, websites, planets and maps - those of you who have done this,
please share your knowledge with a simple step-by-step introduction to
do these things. :)

So, lets make our docs rock! :)

	Jono

--