Bosnian Loco Team

Robin Sonefors ozamosi at flukkost.nu
Fri Nov 17 01:46:35 GMT 2006

bs is the language, ba is the country.

I suspect you have the same problem as we in Sweden do: the language is
sv, and the country is se. However, only swedes speak swedish, and
swedes only speak swedish (not completely true, but almost). Swedes thus
confuses the two-letter-combinations, because they seem to mean the same
thing.

Wikipedias "local sites" are local language versions. They thus have bs
and sv (se is northern sami, in this case - very confusing). Domain
names, for instance, are language specific. There are thus
no .sv-domains, but only .se, and there should be .ba-domains, but
not .bs.

Ubuntus local teams are not language specific, but area specific. That
means there can be both a british Loco and a few american ones, although
all of them speak english. This way, the participants actually have a
chance to meet IRL and have fun, spread ubuntu, or whatever.

It's getting late, and my english is getting really bad. I'll stop now.