Distribution Point ??

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Mon Nov 13 22:01:27 GMT 2006

Op maandag 13-11-2006 om 16:22 uur [tijdzone +0530], schreef amachu
techie:
> In https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoTeamHowto, I found the following,

> > Distribution Point
> > Maybe it would be wise to ship cds to form a locally available cd
> > distribution stock per each country, that might take some load off
> > the shipit system and we can try have those cds produced locally,
> > taking off some of the shipment expenses.

> What exactly does this mean and how could we achieve this for Tamil
> Team? Any set of Guidelines?

I think it's an idea that some LoCoTeams have, that it would be better,
easier and/or cheaper to ship local copies instead of the current shipit
ones...

Advantages might be:
- no import taxes anymore
- more localisations possible

Disadvantages:
- will cost more to LoCoTeams (unless they have sponsors for this)

--
Jan Claeys