ubuntu members question

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Thu Nov 9 19:40:19 GMT 2006

Op woensdag 08-11-2006 om 22:41 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Christer
Edwards:
> This question is for the other LoCo contacts that are also ubuntu
> members. (ie; those that have an @ubuntu.com email address).

I'm not a member yet, but I have a lot of different aliasses...  :)

> I have no problem receiving email to my @ubuntu.com address as it is
> forwarded thru the account I have registered in launchpad.  This goes to
> my gmail account (this account) where I have also setup the option to
> send-as the @ubuntu.com account.
>
> My question is, how can I send-as ubuntu.com via a pop3 client?  I've
> been using Evolution for some time now to manage my email.  Is this
> possible or is there another method that I can use?  I'd like to be able
> to send-as ubuntu.com for ubuntu related emails, but not have to visit
> my web-based gmail account to do it.

In Evolution you can add an account that has no incoming mailserver, so
only an outgoing mailserver.  Just make sure you use an outgoing
mailserver that allows you to use any mail address you want (IIRC Gmail
doesn't allow that).

--
Jan Claeys