How are Loco Team meeting their expenses..

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 05:28:29 GMT 2006

On 11/7/06, amachu techie <amachu.techie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Apart from the great Support Ubuntu is giving us, how are Loco Teams meeting
> their expenses?

My own pocket. Isn't it so threadbare now... :)

> Would like to hear from each one you how you manage expenses among your self
> for your activities?
>
> We would like adopt good procedures in our Team to manage our expenses. For
> instance when the Edgy CDs arrived the Customs office charged us a good deal
> of amount!

Ouch. Try and see if you can get that refunded. There is a form letter
for that (it is also on a sticker on the box)

> Also we have to send the CDs to Ubuntu Lovers distributed across our State.
>
> Awaiting your feedback?
>
> Jono,
>
> Any set of guidelines Ubuntu has put forth for Loco Teams to meet their
> Local expenses? Please suggest..
>
> Regards,
>
> Sri Ramadoss M,
> Founder Ubuntu Tamil Team

The issue with money is then you need a legal structure in place,
which is different for every single jurisdiction and a major pain.
Nothing that Canonical can really help us with, given the distributed
nature of our work.

Corey