Proposed move of wiki documentation

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue May 23 19:07:12 BST 2006

Dear all,

We are in the process of completing the new documentation website, which
will hopefully be ready for the release of Ubuntu 6.06. As part of this
website, the documentation on the Ubuntu wiki will be moved to a section
of the new website, so that all documentation will be in one place.
Community based work on this documentation will continue there. For
details on this, see the page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BetterWikiDocs

For the change to go as smoothly as possible, we need your help! All
pages which contain the word "CategoryDocumentation" will be included in
the move. That means that we would appreciate your help doing two
things:

1. Adding the CategoryDocumentation tag to any pages which do not
currently already have it (hopefully most of them do!)
2. Removing the CategoryDocumentation tag from any pages which are not
documentation and should remain on the Ubuntu wiki.

A current list of the pages which are likely to be moved is here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CategoryDocumentation

Please go through this list and ensure that it is as accurate as
possible! If there is a document which you've contributed to which isn't
in that list, please tag it with CategoryDocumentation! If there is a
page there which isn't documentation, please remove the
CategoryDocumentation tag!

Any help you can give is much appreciated. If you have any doubts about
a particular page, make sure you ask by emailing the documentation team
mailing list at https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-doc

yours,

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com