FOSS at the UN

Jane Silber jane.silber at canonical.com
Sun Jul 23 11:26:39 BST 2006

Hi folks -

There is a meeting at the UN in New York City on 29 August on the use of
FOSS in UN programs and at the UN itself.  More info is at

http://www.unctad.org/sections/wcmu/docs/site_ieb_notif08-06_en.pdf
http://r0.unctad.org/ecommerce/ecommerce_en/foss06.htm

There is a *possibility* that we can have 4 PCs in/near the conference
room running Ubuntu. I'm wondering if there is anyone in NYC that would
like to install Ubuntu on those machines and perhaps talk informally
with attendees about Ubuntu (not a speaking role on the agenda). We are
expecting about 50-100 attendees at the meeting.   We would arrange for
the machines and extra CDs to be there.  You would need to be available
before the meeting to do the install and then for the majority/all of
the meeting day itself.

If you are in NYC and are interested in this, please reply to me
directly (jane.silber at canonical.com).

Cheers,
Jane