installation cd's & funding: questions

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun Dec 24 17:02:11 GMT 2006

Op zondag 24-12-2006 om 11:24 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef F.
Rodriguez:
> Mark Van den Borre wrote:
> >> 2) Burning CD-ROMs on site - I would have this handled by the loco team
> >> people only, and would invest in several high-speed burners. Possible
> >> setup a Freedom Toaster ? http://www.freedomtoaster.org/
> >>
> > We are already doing this, only with less fanfare. We bring our own
> > computers and burn on those. We might need more burning equipment
> > though.
> >
> Have you registered your loco team as a non-profit ?

No, but being a (registered) non-profit has some overhead in Belgium
(both financial & bureaucratic), so we try to keep things as simple as
possible as long as that's possible.

> You could then put together an annual budget for advocacy/marketing,

We can do that without being a registered non-profit, at least to some
extend.

> perhaps look for local grants/government funds.

They would only fund specific cultural or educational projects, and
"copying CDs" wouldn't be enough as a project description...  ;-)

If Canonical doesn't want to give away so many CDs anymore, maybe they
can sell them to LoCoTeams at a low price that just covers the costs
involved?

--
Jan Claeys