installation cd's & funding: questions

F. Rodriguez Fabian at FabianRodriguez.com
Sun Dec 24 16:24:38 GMT 2006

Mark Van den Borre wrote:
>> 2) Burning CD-ROMs on site - I would have this handled by the loco team
>> people only, and would invest in several high-speed burners. Possible
>> setup a Freedom Toaster ? http://www.freedomtoaster.org/
>>
> We are already doing this, only with less fanfare. We bring our own
> computers and burn on those. We might need more burning equipment
> though.

Have you registered your loco team as a non-profit ?

You could then put together an annual budget for advocacy/marketing,
perhaps look for local grants/government funds.

Buy faster/better equipment, and discuss with your members about
different levels of membership/visibility (including paid) which would
finance the equipment/labor needed.

I think your loco team has grown enough to justify this and more.

Good luck and tell us what you do!

F.