Nebraska Team Plans Fiesty Fest!

nik butler nik at butlershouse.co.uk
Fri Dec 22 17:26:30 GMT 2006

It is indeed a good idea, but I read FEAST instead of FEST , I guess I
am Hungry !

It does make me think though that replication of bugs by the user
community may help upstream developers in seeing which ones are easily
replicated. Now I am being lazy and not really checking my sources but
is there an equivalent 'me too' feature to malone which users can simply
add weight to a bug rather than either Duplicating it or adding a
'possibly' redundant comment?

As for Thursday nights and bug testing I wonder if its a crazy idea to
suggest user attempt to replicate malone bug reports. Some mechanism
that enables another user to see a bug and commit to replicating its
effects and then only if it is recreated do they add to the bug report.
Since many users wont commit to bug reporting since they are worried
that they are complaining or feel they should somehow be able to
demonstrate an ability to resolve issues for themselves it could provoke
a positive attitude to contribute in this fashion ?

Anyway  I dont want to detract from the feast ( sorry Fest ) thread so
if this merits some discussion please edit the subject line  appropriately.

Nik