Opinions on hosting translated documentation

Petr Tomeš ptomes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 15:13:12 BST 2006

Hi all,

the Czech Ubuntu Team support these idea, because it will lead to
easily available documentation (and links to Czech forum and mailing
list) to every user of Czech version, even if user won't know about
official Czech website (Ubuntu.cz). It would be nice, if we can
provide basic translation of Ubuntu.com homesite too, because users of
shipit CD can visit the presented url ubuntu.com on CD to find some
more information in their language (some of them don't know about
local site Ubuntu.cz). One of important reasons to do that is also
easily and quickly available translated release notes to users of
LiveCD, who thinking about to install Ubuntu to their computer. It
wouldn't be much work for loco teams.

I am looking forward to see comments and opinions of other loco teams
and discussing details.

Petr Tomeš,
Ubuntu CZ - http://www.ubuntu.cz/