LoCo team website hosting

Matthew East matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Sat Sep 10 15:36:24 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-10 at 19:48 +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com:
> > Ouch. Without being excessively pedantic, it's a little difficult for us to
> > take the decision of how to host our stuff if we get one message in irc and
> > another on the mailing list. You said that your server would be pretty
>
> Sorry about that -- I wasn't entirely clear here.
>
> Existing sites with "non-standard" setups, which includes -it, will
> continue to be supported. However, I have to draw the line somewhere, as
> I'm not too interested in having an unpaid full-time job, administrating
> loco server setups...

I totally understand, and thanks for the clarification. As far as
administration is concerned, maybe you could continue to encourage teams
to do the administration themselves, and send you "drop in"
configuration files where a change to root permission files is
necessary. I know this will not relieve you from all the load, but
hopefully it will help! We'll certainly do our best with that!

thanks again for all you do.

Matt