LoCo team website hosting

Matthew East matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Sun Aug 28 03:54:27 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 11:54 +0800, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> It would be much easier in a housekeeping/auditing sense to have all
> loco team web resources in one point of contact instead of having 2.
> So in my opinion, it would make more sense if we move all LoCos as
> well as host future LoCos in linode.

I'm not sure this is true: don't forget that many teams will have their
own private arrangements for hosting (-de and -fr are examples) and I
don't think that this should be or is a problem. Equally, the solution
currently provided by Matthias is an extremely useful one for smaller
locoteams, and as long as he is happy to provide this service I don't
think teams should be required to move. Don't forget that moving servers
is not a trivial operation. Equally, the service provided by Matthias
does not run simply to providing server space: he is also the
administrator of the server and helps teams to quickly set up and run
webpages and a moin wiki.

As far as housekeeping/auditing is concerned, what exactly needs to be
done? Each team has a contact person who is always available if there
are any questions that need answering.

Matt