Dell inspiron mini 10v

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 3 10:45:57 BST 2010

Hi there ......

My new Inspiron mini 10v arrived last week, and I very quickly got
frustrated with the Dell pre-installed system (Ubuntu 8.4 heavily
'customised' by Dell).  I'm running Lucid beta 10.04 Netbook edition on
it now, and can honestly say I'm delighted with everything so far.  It
works almost 'out of the box' and all the harware runs properly except
the built-in bluetooth adapter.  To be honest, I don't think one exists,
and the hardware spec is a bit vague in that area.  lshw lists all the
internal USB adapters, and I think one of those is connected to the
hardware bluetooth adapter when there is one.  lshw doesn't report a
bluetooth anything.  A bluetooth USB dongle works just fine, and my
Brother DCP 135C printer/scanner is OK.  Takes a bit of installing though.

Only noticeable thing at the moment is a spasmodic crash of plymouth.
Doesn't actually cause a problem so far.

Congratulations to the team for excellent work.  I'd never have got this
excited about a netbook with Windows on it.  Lucid netbook is so much
faster.

Barry.

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) Health and Healing advisor to the East Midlands Synod of the United Reformed Church.  See http://www.urc5.org.uk/index for information about the synod, and http://www.urc5.org.uk/?q=node/703 for the Synod Healing pages.

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com