Elantech & Wireless

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 22 12:45:10 BST 2009

Mon Sagullo wrote:
> I am please to inform everyone that the "Elantech" Touchpad is now
> working under Koala Beta. Though it is not as responsive when I boot
> into WinXP, at least now, I don't have to plug in a mouse to use my laptop.

If it's presented as a USB device as I suspect, it would be nice you
shared the USB ID and also reported is as working at
http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

> Before I went the upgrade path from 9.04, shuffling my laptop between my
> workplace and my home, I have no problem with wireless making connection
> at work after I upgraded. But last night, my laptop could not connect to
> my DD-WRTed WRT54GL at home. And when I went to work earlied today, I my
> laptop can identify the APs at work, but could not connect to the same
> AP I used yesterday.

Likewise, sharing the results of sudo lshw -C network will provide
information about your wireless chipset and current driver.

Cheers,

--
Fabián Rodríguez
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MagicFab