Screen blank on lid-close causes the computer to stop responding.

Daniel Bermudez G. nergar at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 17:06:00 BST 2007

I'm having the same problem on a Dell Inspiron 6000 but the weird thing
is that I don't have this problem on fresh installations but it starts
after some updates and once in feisty it solved itself after more
updates (and the it broke again).

I have to say it is VERY annoying not being able to close your lap top's
lid

One work around i found was to press Ctrl+Alt+F1 and blindly login and
type "sudo vbetool dpms on" and then the screens goes back on. Also very
annoying.