Screen blank on lid-close causes the computer to stop responding.

Leonard Broman firepiper at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:04:35 BST 2007

Hey everybody!

I have this issue with my dell XPS M1210. The symptoms are described in:

Apperently one the reporting laptop testers for this machine have had
this issue too and suggests configuring for suspendtoram or hibernate
for lid-close to avoid the problem.

I wanted to check here if this is a known issue concerning more
systems and if my bug report should be refiled somewhere else. And if
this should be reported somewhere for the ubuntu supported on dell
products, since it is now official?

Thanks

Leonard Broman