will Acer TravelMate 6292 be supported?

Kristian Frisk kristian.frisk at aland.net
Sat Jun 23 19:36:41 BST 2007

finally I got it working with pressing F6 at the start up splash screen.
then add:
break=top
to the start line,
and then when the command promt comes up writing:
modprobe piix
exit
That made the job. Of course nothing of this I came up with myself, instead
a good hearted fellow on the Ubuntu-se-list helped me out.
I had my suspicions something might not work out well with the install and
especially the rebooting but it actually did :)
Just one thing out of the unusual. At reboot there started a automatic check
of the hard drive, which failed! After that the system rebooted again and
everything worked fine.

Will subscribe to the xorg list pronto. Thanks for the tip. Noob as I am, I
don't have a clue where to start looking for info.

Is there anyplace I could report/write about this solution "I found"?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupportMachinesLaptopsAcer perhaps?

Thanks for all the help tips and info from a great community.

/kris