Suggestions for lightweight laptops?

(``-_-´´) -- Fernando Ubuntu at BUGabundo.net
Mon Jun 18 08:04:28 BST 2007

Thanks for the tip.
I'll have a look at it, even now the my battery is totally dead, its
always good to see whats keeping it hot.
Just two weeks ago, my laptop went up to 102ºC

On 6/18/07, Chris Pemberton <cjpembo at gmail.com> wrote:
>   ...so things like good battery life and hibernation support are
> critical...
>
> When you do get your machine, look into an application called "powertop".
>
> http://www.linuxpowertop.org
>
> It allows you to see which processes are consuming the most power based
> on interrupts.  I'd also suggest a minimalist linux distro with the
> fewest processes running.  I would imagine a distro like Ubuntu, which
> has many processes loaded at startup, would consume more power that say
> a more minimalist disto such as Crux.
>
> I run Crux on a Lenovo dual-core laptop.  I thought I had my machine
> running as lean as possible; then I used powertop.  Using the
> suggestions it gave, I was able to lower my "Wakeups-from-idle per
> second" down from 45 to 12.  This is with X up and running, wired
> ethernet, alsa, etc.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Chris

BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)
GPG key 1024D/00967685
Linux user #443786
The body of this email is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0

http://BUGabundo.net
http://BrinKadeiraS.BUGabundo.net

http://host.BUGabundo.net  --  http://alojamento.BUGabundo.net