Suggestions for lightweight laptops?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 23:56:03 BST 2007

Hi,

I've read over several of the laptop testing wiki pages, but I'm
finding it difficult to winnow down all of the pages to the few that
would be relevant.

I'm looking for a small, lightweight laptop on which I can run ubuntu
(think ~12", under 5lbs).  I want a laptop that I can put in my
backpack and carry around with me, so things like good battery life
and hibernation support are critical.

I'd really like all of the hardware to be supported, and I would be
willing to take a small performance hit if I could get a
cooler-running system.

Suggestions?

thanks,
-- Robinson