new wireless hotkey support

LukMak lukmak at vp.pl
Fri Jan 19 13:44:23 GMT 2007

Dnia piątek, 19 stycznia 2007 12:56, Nicolò Chieffo napisał:
> Is there any news from the acpi-support package? In Feisty the
> handler which used to switch off/on the wireless card does not work
> anymore. How do you think it must be implemented?

Recently I have upgraded from Drake to Edgy. My machine has AMD64 (Asus
A6B004-K). I noticed that recent kernel 2.6.17-10-generic is not
dedicated only to x86_64 although it is for x86/x86_64, or is it?

Binary blobs stopped working (nVidia, Broadcom WiFi BCM4318) which can
be understandable. But the magic Fn+F2 button for turning on/off WiFi
card also stopped working with the newer kernel. ACPI is working -
tested with /proc/acpi/asus/mled diod turned on/off.

For temporal solution I decided to still use  2.6.15-27-amd64-generic,
everything works fine.

LukMak