linux compatiility

Luis Santos lpds25 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 15:36:13 GMT 2007

Hello
i'm a relatively new user of ubuntu (i've installed it on my desktop in the
last month) and i'd like to configure my notebook toshiba m40-231 (which
have 1gb of ram, 80 gb of hard disk and a lot of other features i dont mind
at this moment) with ubuntu too.. can you tell me if ubuntu wil work on this
laptop, or, if it does not, can you indicate me a free distro that works on
that machine (simillar to ubuntu)?
i'm sorry cause the english may nor be correct but i don't use it to
communicate every day

i'm waiting for a reply please
thanks
Luís