Feisty install and temperature

Lantiero Zenesi lanzenesi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:24:40 BST 2007

I've been trying to install Feisty Beta on my laptop, an Acer Aspire 1524WLMI,
since a few days ago using the Live cd at first,and, since yesterday, the
alternate version. without succeeding to complete the installation due to the
laptop switching off because of reached high temperature.

Browing through forums I've found that I could use acpi=off line on boot, but
it didn't help as i reached max 90% of the installation process.

Before trying Feisty, I managed to install successfully ubuntu dapper, edgy,
and, eventually, Kubuntu edgy which i used very satisfactionally in dual boot
with WinXp which I have to keep for a couple of things - mainly the scanner,
a not supported Canon 8400F.

Even then - at the times of dapper and edgy - I had to use extreme care to
take the installation process to the end, by means of an extra fan and...
ice. :-(

Now I've tried many time with no success and I presently can't boot to that
machine at all. If I don't succeed, I'll have to save somewhere else my home
content via the Live CD, and get back to Win. I hope not. So, If anybody has
manages successfully to overcome these hurdles, I hope to be addressed toward
the right solution,

TIA for any thoughts you might want to share.

--
lanzen