Problems with ipw3945

Google Talk jyrki.pulliainen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:51:36 BST 2007

On 4/4/07, Peter Whittaker <pwwnow at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-04 at 09:24 +0300, Google Talk wrote:
> > on latest Feisty updates I ran in to problems with ipw3945. It's not
> > waking up from suspend correctly (has radio kill switch on). I was
> > curious does someone else have these problems or is this only
> > Asus related? Would help me debug this problem.
> >
> > I've made a ticket of this too:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/99732
>
> I suspect your bug is related to known ipw3945 problems and efforts to
> correct them. A new version of this driver has been in the works for
> quite some time, and while it has fixed problems for some, apparently it
> causes problems for others.
>
> Please refer to https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/63418 - I've only
> scanned through both reports, but 99732 may be a dupe of 63418.

I scanned that through, but seemed it's a bit different issue (laptop
not working if kill switch is on). My laptop works ok if I shut down
the wifi, but doesn't return from suspend correctly (whether or not
the kill switch is on or off). It forces the kill switch on when
returning from suspend and renders the whole suspend unusable since
only boot will cure it.

If someone has a tip how to revert nvidia-glx back to 2.6.20-12
version, I'd be glad. That way I could revert my nvidia-glx and use
suspend with a bit older kernel version (where the ipw3945 works too).

- Jyrki