edgy regression on last ibook (was: Re: Problems with iBook G4)

Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni lists at prometoys.net
Fri Sep 29 11:04:48 BST 2006

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for you response.

Am Montag, den 25.09.2006, 17:14 -0400 schrieb Nathan Eckenrode:
> Ultimately the problem is due to the fact that Edgy is currently under heavy
> development, so there are various aspects of the system which will or will
> not work depending upon the day of week and how frequently you are updating
> your system.

Of course. This is the reason why I use Edgy to report problems and test
it before it will be released.

> If there is behavior on your machine that you find is incorrect the best thing
> to do is file a bug report on launchpad, by doing this you will insure that
> the developers who are working on this application or issue will be aware of
> it.

Mhh, I report them (as you can see in my first mail). They are still
Unconfirmed. The bug about freezing(!) the system while using
NetworkManager is still from dapper times. There are some bugs, which
are since month unconfirmed.

I don't want to stress anybody. Just a bit feedback, if somebody is
interested in this.

I test each new kernel and look for question and process in launchpad.
What more can I do...

Regards,

Keywan

--
Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni
http://www.prometoys.net

people at world:/# apt-get --purge remove dominion
After unpacking world will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially beneficial
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as We say!'