Testing Edgy Knots on Canonical supplied laptops

Martijn van de Streek martijn at foodfight.org
Tue Sep 12 11:40:15 BST 2006

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Ankur Kotwal wrote:

> I have a Canonical supplied laptop that I've been using to test Ubuntu
> snapshots. I currently have a showstopper issue with the Edgy installer (
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/partitioner/+bug/58923) and
> hence cannot proceed. I have had this problem in Knot1 and Knot2. There is
> now talk of releasing Knot3 but my bug in Launchpad has not even been
> triaged yet so I doubt that my issue will have been resolved.
>
> What is the best way to escalate this issue to allow further testing? I do
> understand that there are lots of untriaged bugs and am ok with it not being
> fixed immediately but it also means that I can't do any testing whatsoever -
> except through the Live CD session. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have an open bug on the 'ati' X driver from the very first time I
booted the laptop, and it still isn't fixed. And it's the only real bug
left.

I've now opened it upstream (because that hadn't even been done), but it
doesn't seem to be getting much attention.

Is there a special way to 'mark' bugs as LaptopTestingTeam bugs (a
special tag, perhaps?)

Martijn
--
Sorry isn't an excuse when you do something stupid on purpose.