ipw2200 on Tecra A4

Greg Taylor gtaylor at CLEMSON.EDU
Mon Nov 13 18:54:20 GMT 2006

I was hoping to figure out if we're using the latest ipw2200 driver from
Intel. My Tecra A4 is still completely useless with wireless and I'm not
sure what else to look at. The link for the latest from Intel is:

http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df-external/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/df-support/11780/eng/ipw2200_linux_1_2_0.tgz&agr=&ProductID=1847&DwnldId=11780&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng

As of now, the wireless interface doesn't appear to be detected without
irqpoll, and with irqpoll/lapic, I get the familiar TX_POWER errors and
nothing else. I don't suppose anyone has made any progress with an
identical or similar laptop? I see some other distros apparently have
this laptop rolling now, Fedora supposedly.