ProSavage8 on Sharp PC-AV18 causes GDM to freeze

Tim Smith tas50 at humboldt.edu
Fri May 19 22:46:23 BST 2006

I'm sorry if I'm going about this completely wrong.  I would post a bug to
Launchpad, but I really have no clue where to put it.  I've had a hell of
a time with this Sharp and Dapper due to Xorg 7 switching from the s3 to
the savage drivers.  Originally Dapper would setup my laptop with the VESA
driver, but I guess that finally got fixed.  I figured I'd give it another
go to see how things were working and the Flight 7 live CD won't load.  It
loads GDM with a few lines thrown accross the screen and the mouse
ghosting as I move it and then it just freezes.  Very odd.  I'm
downloading a new daily live CD at the moment, but that is going to take a
while.

Sharp PC-AV18 laptop
VT8375 ProSavage8 KM266/KL266
VT8633 Apollo Pro266 AGP controller