linux friendly laptops

LukMak lukmak at vp.pl
Sat May 6 14:31:41 BST 2006

Hello,

I am happy user of Asus A6K.

Most of its features are supported, including 3D HW accel from nVidia on
WXGA - testing Wolfenstein:ET with great success ;)

Few things wont work for sure (embedded camera and SD/MMC card reader -
avoid Ricoh stuff - they act openly anti-Linux IMO).

I did not tested WiFi (because I use 64-bit version of Breezy and
couldn't find 64-bit closed drivers for ndiswrapper and had no time to
try with 32-bit version, probably will work smoothly), Irda and
Firewire. Modem is probably win-modem but I am not interested using it.

More about this laptop I wrote here:
http://www.iem.pw.edu.pl/~lmakowsk/pliki/Laptop.txt
Please do not expect me native speaker ;^)

Lukasz Makowski