Flight5 majro regression - cannot install on HP nw8240

Luka Renko 74.luka at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 07:54:30 BST 2006

On 3/25/06, Luka Renko <74.luka at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to point out major regression on HP nw8240 (see [1] for
> details] - Flight 5 does not install. I really hope that this can be
> addressed for upcoming Flight6!

I have checked Malone bug list and have seen that this regression was
reported by several users on different laptops/desktops. There are two types
of report (same as on my system):

1. Cannot install Flight5 or newer - boot from CD hangs on splash (no menu)
Vendors reported: MSI, Targa, Fujitsu-Siemens, HP
https://launchpad.net/bugs/34592

2. Hibernate was broken with newer kernels
Laptop vendors reported: Samsung, HP, IBM
https://launchpad.net/bugs/34587

As you can see same/similar regression is reported on laptops from diferent
vendors - I think this is critical to get resolved ASAP.

Regards,
Luka