Working too well?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 04:42:11 GMT 2006

On 3/22/06, Travis Newman <panickedthumb at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/DellLatitudeD410
>
> Everything but one hotkey is working. I have absolutely no bugs other than
> that, and I've been using it heavily, doing everything I'd ever do and more,
> and there are zero bugs.
>
> So, is there anything specific other than what's on the wiki page and
> obvious programs that needs to be tested that I can contribute to?

Have you tried to close the lid at the GDM prompt?

The X on my Dell 110l dies when I do that (or when I close the lid
when in one of the virtual terminal):
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bug/21440

The only way to get it back is to do a reboot.  i'm just curious if
the 410 has a similar problem (dell bios problem?).

Other than that, I'm  in a similar situation than you: every thing
work  except one function key (the battery), and the modem (need that
non-free driver it seems).

But I don't have access to a dock, or to a pcmcia network card, so I
cannot test these functionalities.

--
Daniel Robitaille