Compaq Armada E500

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 18 02:15:15 GMT 2006

Hi everyone

A friend of mine has been working on getting the Compaq armada E500
series of laptops to suspend/resume without failing[1].
I was wondering if the person who wrote the page for them on the wiki
[2] was on this list so i could talk with him/her about changing the
page - if not ill change it myself.
Although my mate has written out a nice little doc on teh subject, i
will include the basic details to fix this suspend/resume thing here.

edit /etc/default/acpi-support
uncomment 'ACPI_SLEEP=true'
(optional) to remove teh lock after shutting the list comment out
`LOCK_SCREEN=true`
edit /boot/grub/menu.lst
find <yourkernelversion> (for him 2.6.12-9-386)
append `acpi_sleep=s3_bios` to the beginning of the kernel line
reboot
i dont know if this is still required in dapper (these machines are
production, so im not keen to try), but the resume problem seems to
happen on the -10 kernels as well.
kk

[1] in our experience they fail to resume 1 in 10 times  (aprox)
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/CompaqArmadaE500

--
Karl Goetz
The buck stops there -> $