Sony Vaio VGN-FS215S

Γιάννης Παπαδόπουλος ypapado at panteion.gr
Mon Mar 6 09:18:08 GMT 2006

Hi,
I have installed last week Kubuntu Dapper in my Sony-Vaio VGN-FS215S and
upgraded packages two days ago.
1. Touchpad is recognized  but cursors speed is really slow and can not
be fixed. Tapping is not supported. Both worked fine under Breezy.
2. Changing the aliasing preferences doesn't have any effect. The same
file with the same Times New Roman Font in Open Office under windows XP
is clear and in Kubuntu blurred. Some characters half appear.
3. I don't know which is the appropriate choice for keyboard. There is
none for Sony Vaio. I tried to use the other brand keyboards for Laptop
but to no avail.
4. Winmodem is not recognized but I guess I have to buy linuxant  driver.
5. Wireless card is recognized but I have to install Ndis Wrapper.
6. Adept doesn't function 9 out of 10 times but this is a general
problem as I realized from the talk in the Forum.
I would be gratefull for any advice

Thanks
Yannis