Extra function keys/ hotkeys

Rob Hughes rob at robhughes.com
Tue Jun 27 18:39:31 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 14:09 +0200, Marvin Raaijmakers wrote:
> Like I wrote a time ago, I think keyTouch (http://keytouch.sf.net/) will
> be a very usefull for Ubuntu on laptops to get the extra function keys
> (or hotkeys as they are called by you) working. Not only for laptops but
> also for desktops with keyboards that have extra function keys.
> KeyTouch does the setkeycodes stuff, has its own key grabbing deamon a
> nice GUI for configuring the actions and does also support ACPI hotkeys.
> It currently supports 79 different keyboard/laptop models.
> Even if the Ubuntu laptop testing team isn't interested in using
> keyTouch for the hotkeys problem, information about the laptop keys
> might still be interesting. KeyTouch has for each laptop/keyboard model
> a keyboard file that contains information about the extra function keys.
> See the keyTouch website for more information about keyTouch, the
> keyboard files and find out how easy keyboard files are made by using
> keyTouch-editor.
>
> - Marvin Raaijmakers

Why not go with lineak? It has support for a lot more keyboards, also
handles set keycodes, has a GUI to configure it, and support different
keystrokes for different multimedia apps in the same same configuration.

--
Thank you for supporting me in the Livestrong Challenge!
Please make your tax deductible donation at