Kubuntu Laptop Testing

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at iserv.net
Tue Jun 27 13:45:21 BST 2006

On Tuesday 27 June 2006 04:21, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 08:16 +0200, Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > I tested most of the time as well with Kubuntu, but officially it has to
> > be tested only with Ubuntu.
> > I would like to suggest, that we add Kubuntu Support to the wiki pages.
>
> I personally think that the easiest and most likely to get maximum
> results, would be to add a column for Kubuntu in the template. Then it
> might have columns like this:
>
> Ubuntu               Kubuntu             Edubuntu             etc...
> 6.06      6.10       6.06      6.10      6.06       6.10      etc...
>
> That way it's easy to keep working on the same report.
>
> I would argue against any amount of unneeded fragmentation - it takes
> the focus away from the idea that each fork is equally valid.
>
> Duncan

I too don't want to tottally fragment the laptop-testing team, however the
focus appears to be soley on the Gnome and Ubuntu without much visible
support of Kubuntu.  If I was looking for a laptop that would support Kubuntu
where would I turn to double check?  There are only a couple of wiki pages
with testing results.
I would hope those that have official laptops would test Kubuntu as well as
Ubuntu during the next release schedule.