Bad luck with Toshibas?

Patrick McFarland diablod3 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 01:24:23 BST 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 19:46, Mikael Gustafsson wrote:
> The only thing on the Tecra S1 that aint working is the FN(Special)
> keys.(Haven't tested the SD card reader yet though.)
> The reason to that is that the S1 uses the Phoenix bios wich doesn't
> work with fnfx (http://fnfx.sourceforge.net) wich is included as an
> module in the kernel.
>
> The A4 isn't tested with fnfx(according to their
> homepage(http://fnfx.sourceforge.net/index.php?section=doc section 3.2
> and section 3.3). But generally, if it got an phoenix bios there's no
> fix to it at the moment.

Ugh, I _really_ wish companies would quit doing that. Its almost like they
think Windows is an actual usable OS, and people actually want to run it. I
wouldn't want to pay $200 to get viruses and malware, thats for sure.
</end rant>

But yeah, I wish there was a site that reviewed laptops and other computers
for Linus usability. People would stop buying machines like the above if the
knew they didn't work in Linux. Or hell, even a magazine, I'd buy a
subscription.

Hey, Mark Shuttleworth, you should start a magazine that does this! Ubuntu
Review Monthly!

--
Patrick McFarland || www.AdTerrasPerAspera.com || www.MakePatrickRich.com
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,