An help to find hard lock cause

Pierpaolo Follia pfollia at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 10:55:37 BST 2006

Ok....It's just happened writing this email :(

On 7/28/06, Duncan Lithgow <duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk> wrote:
> I've been reading about Radeon Cards doing this with 3D rendering and
> the screensavers. Have a look through some of the ATI bug reports, some
> of them had some tips for fixing that.

Yes...there are many bug reports about ATI driver and hard lock. For
most users disabling DRI fix the problem, but not for me. I also
disabled the screensaver, with no luck.
It seems also that the latest driver from freedesktop.org can solve
the problem, I'll try to compile it (but how much safer is compiling
and using not tagged cvs sources?). I don't want to mess up my
system...is it possible to create a deb package from the source code
of ati driver?
I'll do a memtest during the launch pause. Let's see what it say.

Thank you very much

--
Pierpaolo Follia
http://madchicken.altervista.org/tech