thinkpad x60 Battery Life ?!

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Thu Jul 20 12:49:25 BST 2006

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Thierry Nicola wrote:
> My question is what is your battery life, and what can be done to
> improve this. Til now I have no really tried to do anything(scaling CPU,
> killing daemons, scaling graphic chip...).

Bluetooth off:

  echo disabled | sudo tee -a /proc/acpi/ibm/bluetooth

Turn the blacklight brightness right down.

Enable hard-disk spin-down, by setting:

  ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=true

in:

  /etc/default/acpi-support

'thinkpad-keys' spends alot of the time polling in the kernel on recent
Lenovopads, you could kill if you don't use it (messy though and won't gain
you much and will loose the keys being passed through).

	-Paul
--
High on a tall bridge, surrounded by noisy lorries.  Nottingham, GB