dapper regressions on last ibook

Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni lists at prometoys.net
Sun Jan 29 13:37:47 GMT 2006

Hi Leonardo,

Leonardo Pistone wrote:
> I use breezy on a post-july 2005 ibook 1.33, and I'm testing dapper
> flight 3 on it.

great. I am unfortunately don't have at the moment time (and a extra
partition) to test dapper. I also have the same laptop (i guess)

> There are a few regressions on it. One is quite severe:
> a module is not loaded, so the fan is ALWAYS off. Where and how should I
> report these? In launchpad, ok, but what should I write as "Source
> package name?"

Do you sure? One great advantage of the ibook is, that the fan is the
most time off. Do you tried to force the processor to run with full
speed? If the processor use the complete 1.33Ghz instead of 667Mhz, the
fan will start in few minutes, but be careful.

> In the meanwhile I'm updating the laptop testing team wiki on this laptop.

thank you. :D

Regards,

Keywan