Testing flight 3

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 03:04:41 GMT 2006

> Thanks for the tip, but this was hopeless. I don't understand how, but the
> YellowDog and Mandrake distributions manage to configure X fine on my
> machine, during the installation, without me having to answer _ANY_
> questions. The only reason I am not using them is that I can't get my
> wireless card working there.
>
> Using the suggested command below presented a sequence of questions that I
> tried to answer as best I could. The result was no better than I had before.

if YellowDog and Mandrake does it  and Ubuntu doesn't, then there is
possibly a bug somewhere in the way Ubuntu does things.  You should
file a bug report, or look in Malone to see if there is already one in
there like yours.

I would guess  that  /var/log/Xorg.0.log  has some hints of what's
going wrong.  but without seeing that log, or your xorg.conf file you
get at installation, it's difficult to say.

--
Daniel Robitaille