Setting CPU frequency

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Thu Jan 26 10:59:10 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 12:44:31AM +0000, Celso Pinto wrote:
> I'm having a hard time setting the CPU frequency to a constant value as
> mentioned in this bug report: https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/29709
>
> Does anyone else experience this problem? Or isn't it a real problem,
> it's supposed to be this way? It would be great to be able to pick the
> lowest processor frequency and make it stick.

You need to stop powernowd, or it will keep changing the CPU speed
according to its own policies.

  sudo /etc/init.d/powernowd stop

If you want to always control the CPU speed manually, it would perhaps
be easier to uninstall the powernowd package instead of stopping the
daemon manually after every reboot.

HTH,
Marius Gedminas
--
Get a life?  Well, once I nearly found one, but the link was broken.